Monday, March 4, 2013

Dreams of being awake

What are my dreams? Mundane reruns of my daily life.

Work.

I work at a grocery store and at my store we have codes for ever item of produce. I have remembered hundreds of numbers just for produce. Fruits, veggies, leafy greens, all have codes and all are crammed within my head.

Back to my dreams

Every night, without fail, I dream of typing in those damn codes.
Turnip: under stew vegetables, 96
Tomatoes on the vine: 252
Organic Granny Smith apples: 324
Jicama: 126
Red grapes: 39
Mini watermelons: 114
Organic bananas: 326

Codes. I dream of stupid codes. I pick up the item. I put the item on the scale. I type in the code. The register beeps. I move the item to start the cycle over. And over. And over. I never rest while I rest. The rest can rest, but I unlike the rest, will not rest like the rest. I shall put this post to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment